[Wikipedia-l] Helga banned

Steve Callaway sjc at easynet.co.uk
Mon Sep 9 21:00:46 UTC 2002

Jaap,

There is a long and tedious history to this which your posting plainly
reveals your are unaware of.

I am certainly no advocate of blanket bans etc, however this is one which is
seriously belated, and our failure to act and remove the troubled and
troublesome Ms Hecht has severely set back work on several key areas of
historical work. Every effort has been made to accommodate her within the
programme and she has studiously and assiduously refused to comply with even
simple requests to conform with good or even acceptable practice.

The corollary of not banning the likes of Ms Hecht is that the historical
effort has to date lost two highly valued and valuable contributors: how
many more is her infantile and inflammatory gibberish to alienate before we
act? This is overdue and not precipitate action.

Steve Callaway