[Wikipedia-l] Honr. B. Carroll Reece, Tennessee

Tesla Coil tescoil at ilbbs.com
Mon Sep 9 17:49:58 UTC 2002

On 9 Sept 2002, Adam Williamson wrote:
>>> Everyone else - is there a Wikipedia policy on balance in external
>>> links?
>>
>> Neutral Point of View covers that. On their face the two links look ok.
>
> I don't agree. There's nothing exactly wrong with including those
> links, but they're just odd as the first and only links on the page.

What's really "just odd" is that amid calls for Helga to be banned,
she offers a link to an article that with minor editing would join
the argument on behalf doing so:

"Out of this long and painstaking examination I have come reluctantly
 to the conclusion that nazi-sympathizer internet kooks should not be
 allowed to write Wikipedia articles.  I am now convinced that a nazi-
 sympathizer internet kook is not a free person.  Freedom, I believe
 is the most essential ingredient of Wikipedia and democracy."

I propose the "Communists Should Not Teach in American Colleges"
link be moved to [[Censorship]] under the heading "Philosophical
arguments for censorship," as its contribution to the topic of
the [[Communist Party of the United States of America]] appears
relatively inessential.