[Wikipedia-l] A related ban issue

Giskart giskart at linux.be
Sat Sep 7 21:29:50 UTC 2002

Rosa Williams wrote:

>[cut]
>
>I've tried a few approaches to ameliorating this.   I regularly check "this
>user's contributions" for vandals, and even sometimes for unfamiliar IP's
>(*thank* you folks for adding that code feature!) I do keyword searches for
>common obscenities, et cetera.  (No, Cunctator, I don't remove them if
>they're obviously part of the article.)  And, of course, I haunt the "Recent
>Changes" page. But I think it's getting harder to keep up.
>[cut]

For easy spotting of vandalism a special page whit suspicious changes
can mayby be of some use. A rule system that  gives points to actions
and if it gets a  certain value its gets listed. Somthing like
spamassassin (http://spamassassin.org )  Offcource to suggest somthing
or to make it work is somthing else.  -- giskart