[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia:Top 10 Google hits

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Fri Sep 6 06:20:15 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER wrote:

<snip>

> This Fox News column links our article on [[Geosynchronous orbit]]:
>    http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,62200,00.html

Cool!  The author (Rand Simburg, retired Boeing
aerospace engineer) is a guy I used to
debate with extensively at sci.space.policy.   I should
go visiting and inquire whether he found Wikipedia from
checking out the announcement I put there a while back
or from a search engine. Basically the announcement stated
that Wikipedia was a potentially useful technology for
"open engineering" efforts.

Either way it is rather amusing that I apparently
originated the stub and an anonymous address did
a lot of fixing.   I wonder if the fixing was Rand
or some other sci.space.policy regular checking
my work.  8)

Maybe I should ask him why he did not use this
link for an ion thruster source.  The first two
hits provide instant credibility that ion thrusters
are a current proven technology.  One has to know
where to look in space propulsion to find anything
outland or far futuristic.

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?search=ion+propulsion

lol,  Since he is now a paid professional writer he may
not wish to admit he used to volunteer some efforts.

I should also remind him he can edit anonymously; if
he wishes to create the reference material that
he needs online to keep the technical detail down
in the article, while providing easy access to it.

Regards,
Mike Irwin