[Wikipedia-l] Helga again

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Wed Sep 4 22:31:34 UTC 2002

Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:

> At 04:29 AM 9/4/02 -0700, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> >Michael R. Irwin wrote:
> > >  The totality of the material
> > > presented should not be selected to support the frame or view that
> > > the Holocaust was undeserved.
> >
> >But, the Holocaust was undeserved.  That's as uncontroversial a fact as
> >"The Earth goes around the Sun".
>
> Exactly. Otherwise we'd need to carefully avoid suggesting--on each of the
> September 11 pages--that the victims were innocent. Either is absurd and
> offensive.

Absurd and offensive to who?  The prevailing mainstream
Arab view seem pretty supportive of the attacks.

The Afghanistan government (unrecognized by the U.S. but
effectively in charge anyway) did not choose to recognize
it as a criminal act and hand over the leaders of Al Quada.

Hence, they were invaded and replaced.  Is this also
the obviously correct thing to do?

Might makes right and the mighty write history
which is "obviously" correct anytime a new faction
is in charge?

Are Irael's current pogroms or attacks in Palestinian
neighorhoods or camps in response to "terrorist" attacks
"obviously" incorrect?

Regards,
Mike Irwin