[Wikipedia-l] [Wikipedia-1] Helga again

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Wed Sep 4 11:43:04 UTC 2002

>or is there some commitment to be truthful?
>
>H. Jonat

Yes, there is. I think where you need to start is with a serious study of
historical revisionism. I feel you have been victimized and misled in this
area. Once you understand you cannot rely on the approaches taken then you
can turn to more reliable sources. A part of the misinformation involved in
historical revisionism is misdirection as to what relevant issues are and
misplaced and distorted emphasis. I know it is hard to sort things out once
you fall into the grip of skilled propagandists, but I think that's your path.

Wikipedia can legitimately set forth truths, what it will not do because of
the editing process is allow gross distortions of the significance of a
fact to distort a greater truth. So it's fine to point out that not all
Jews support Zionism, just don't forget to mention that the vast majority
do. A misplaced emphasis on things is hardly going to go unnoticed and
unchallenged. A thesis that zionism somehow caused the war and the
holocaust (even if advanced by a Jewish group) is simply not in accord with
the facts. One of the historical revisionist websites makes much of fact
that judicial notice was taken of the holocaust at the Nuremberg Trials
saying that no actual proof was presented. Judicial notice is taken only of
facts about which no reasonable person would disagree.

Fred Bauder