[Wikipedia-l] Helga and other Internet kooks

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 10:33:50 UTC 2002

Last year on September 11, a group of radical Muslims declared war on the
United States. It hijacked four planes and rammed three of them in the WTC
and the Pentagon. About 3,000 people died. This would then justify the
American government declaring a boycott of all Arab-American businesses and
even attempting to exterminate all Muslims in America.

Ridiculous? Of course. Offensive? Certainly. Yet this is exactly the position
that Helga is expressing here and in the Talk section of the Neturei Karta
article.

In 1933 a small group of Jews declared war on Germany (in response to the
government's official policies of anti-Semitism). Germany responded with an
official boycott of all Jewish shops and eventually launched an all-out
campaign to murder all the Jews of Europe.

Her position is ridiculous and offensive. It certainly is not acceptable by
any standards. Yet here we are bending over backwards to find ways to include
her inane views in our articles. We have some lovely prolix on the importance
of including all POVs, no matter how minor, no matter how illogical or
unacceptable, in order to attain the ellusive NPOV.

The Internet is full of kooks. Do they all deserve equal time? Do they all
deserve legitimacy?

Danny