[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia:Top 10 Google hits

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Mon Sep 2 16:40:35 UTC 2002

hello, I've started a new page for obsessive editors, wikipediholics, and the frequently bored and diligent.  It's an incomplete listing of articles which land in the top 10 google results by searching for title alone (in the case of slashes, parentheses etc. it's nice if they turn up in the top 10 without special punctuation.).    Anyway, take a look at it if you're interested:  http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ATop_10_Google_hits

Automation in this regard would be nice, but oh well.  And, BTW, I'm not presenting this as a way to shame anyone, by any means--three of the articles written almost exclusively by me are on the list ([[canna lily]], [[Joel and Ethan Coen]], and [[Dziga Vertov]]), and I've already added 2 paragraphs to canna lily.  Needless to say, it's moved Dziga up on my priority list also, since I don't cover the last 15 years of his life at all.

Best,

kq