[Wikipedia-l] Astrobiology encyclopedia and Wikipedia

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Thu Oct 31 23:54:23 UTC 2002

Ortolan88 wrote:
>We have no guarantee that the entries will remain the same either.
>The bioastropedia is an excellent web site, but we aren't going to
>import their articles wholesale and leave them untouched forever, are
>we?

Well, no, I didn't expect us to.  I guess the question is "at what point have articles changed enough from the source that it's ok to remove the citation"?  I would (today, anyway) urge people to leave the citations in and change "works cited" to "works consulted"--if for no other reason than that several notable academics have been caught plagiarizing lately.