[Wikipedia-l] Webserver stats

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Thu Oct 31 10:00:36 UTC 2002

I took our inhumanly long server log for www.wikipedia.org, which
extends back to the end of August, and ran it through Webalizer. The
results you can see at http://www.wikipedia.org/stats/

(I haven't bothered to tweak the settings yet, so it's kind of rough.
Among other things, hostnames are not resolved, referers and user agents
aren't noted -- our referers are currently in a separate log that
webalizer doesn't read and we're not recording user agents. Perhaps the
log format will be changed to be friendlier to this kind of analysis in
the future. And, this is just on the English wikipedia's log.)

Still, lots of big numbers that should make one extra grateful Jimbo is
donating the server and bandwidth. Thanks, Jimbo!

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)