[Wikipedia-l] Re: Astrobiology encyclopedia and Wikipedia

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Thu Oct 31 08:39:55 UTC 2002

Toby Bartels wrote:

>Mav wrote:
>

>>Whatever happended with the idea of have a log-like credits:namespace for this
>>type of information?
>>

>I think that people decided that it wasn't necessary yet.
>This is just one more sign that it might be time.

I am uncertain if a complete namespace is really necessary. I'd settle
for a single line to edit, below the summary. That would be appended to
the article prior to display, in a special style (say, "<center><font
size=-1 color=grey>"). It would still be in wiki-markup, for ease of
linking to an external site. If there's a lot of info to put there
(though I can't see why, "Based on ...,with permission" should do), we
just write an article about the person/organization/etc. and link there.

Question: Should that line be only available on the first edit, and
after that only to sysops? That would reduce the chance of a vandal
removing the text. It shouldn't change over time anyway...

Magnus