[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Intlwiki-l] survey on www.wikipedia.org

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Thu Oct 31 01:11:15 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 18:42, elian wrote:
<snip>
You failed to include my vote against voting. You may consider that a
"blank", if you wish.

> Possible proceedings:
> 1) Doing nothing and leave things as they are
> 2) put a redirection in place
> 3) put a portal in place
> 4) since the majority seems to favor the portal solution, further
> discussion could be directed towards developping a portal solution which
> is acceptable for its opponents, too. For doing this it would be necessary
> to know what the portal should include to be acceptable..
> 5) Any other ideas???

Hmm...this doesn't seem like a survey intended for your personal use.
This seems like an attempt to force decisions based on a push poll.

There has been more than enough discussion on what the opponents of the
portal "solution" consider the problems. It should not be necessary to
reiterate them.

Numerous other ideas have been presented.

It would be best if you somewhere stated explicitly in one place how you
perceive the problem and what your proposed solution is. For example,
see [[Wikipedia talk:Bots]].