[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia photo squad?

Giskart giskart at wikipedia.be
Thu Oct 31 00:27:07 UTC 2002

Erik Moeller wrote:
 > The image copyright discussion reminds me of an idea that has been going
 > through my head for a while. How about an organized effort to create
(shoot)
 > public domain photos of important people/places/events? I am not a
photographer
 > so I would be a bad person to lead this WikiProject, but maybe there are
 > people on this list who would be interested in it.

This is a good idea but this would be a big, special, very international
project. "Photopedia, a collaborative project to create a free and
complete database of images about every thing on earth. The content of
Photopedia is covered by the GNU Free Documentation License"  Whit its
one Wiki. If it is only a page on a wikipedia the responds will not very
high i think.

If al Wikipedians of all Wikipedias make photographes we would get fast
a very nice, international collection of images.

Giskart