[Wikipedia-l] Astrobiology encyclopedia and Wikipedia

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Wed Oct 30 18:34:28 UTC 2002

Magnus Wrote:
>Today, I contacted David Darling, creator of the Astrobiology
>encyclopedia (http://www.angelfire.com/on2/daviddarling) and asked him
>about possible relations between our projects. Here is the reply I got.
>IMHO the link he asks for is OK for new articles or major improvements
>("This article based on [http:... this one, with permission]"). Thought
>I'd ask the list first, though.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it--many of the country articles state their original sources (CIA/U.S. Dept of state website), as do many other articles--*but* he should know that, as a wiki, we currently can't guarantee that the citation will remain there permanently since anyone could remove it.  So he'll have to decide if he wants to go ahead with it or not.  That is very generous of him to consider it, though.  :-)

kq