[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] cross-Wikipedia redirects

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Wed Oct 30 08:18:43 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER wrote:

> The Cunctator wrote:
>
>> Right now the #REDIRECT [[ns:link]] function doesn't
>> work with namespaces outside of www.wikipedia.org (such as meta, and the
>> various languages.
>> It would probably be good (and easy?) to change it so that redirects can
>> be set up naturally.
>

> Done.

Can I now redirect [[en:xyz]] to [[de:xyz]] and back, keeping the system
busy?

Also, I don't see any reason why one would redirect to another language.
If one reads the en wikipedia, I doubt s/he wants to be redirected to,
say, a chinese article. IMHO that should be restricted to wikipedia,
meta and the 9-11 site.

Magnus