[Wikipedia-l] cross-Wikipedia redirects

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed Oct 30 00:43:19 UTC 2002

Right now the #REDIRECT [[ns:link]] function doesn't
work with namespaces outside of www.wikipedia.org (such as meta, and the
various languages.

It would probably be good (and easy?) to change it so that redirects can
be set up naturally.

A number of entries redirect into the [[Wikipedia:]] namespace (like
[[Votes for deletion]]). This would be useful for meta.wikipedia and
interlanguage redirects as well.

Of course, internal links to such redirects should be fixed to direct
links. But this will allow us to preserve the integrity of outside
bookmarks if we move content from one namespace to another.

It may also allow for interesting crosslanguage capacities that I can't
predict myself...

tc