[Wikipedia-l] Feature request

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed Oct 30 00:31:50 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 19:05, Imran Ghory wrote:
> A useful feature to have would be automated list sorting, for instance if
> you put some code above/below a list it would automatically sort the list
> alphabetically before saving.

The best way to do this would probably be through a javascript
add-on/external cgi the way that dmoz has editor tools that aren't
integrated with the codebase.

See, for example,
http://www.rpfuller.com/odp/

Of course, we can have all these scripts hosted at Wikipedia, instead of
at personal sites. But it's probably healthy to have them be separate
from the PediaWiki software, at least by default.