[Wikipedia-l] 80,000

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Oct 29 17:38:34 UTC 2002

Toby Bartels wrote:

>Anthere wrote:
>
>>The Cunctator wrote:
>>
>>>By then Wikipedia will have long since become the
>>>core of a godlike universal AI,
>>>able to disambiguate queries (which will be
>>>expressed not as verbal or written
>>>queries, but as low-level fluctuations in the
>>>post-organic brains of individuals)
>>>instantaneously and precisely.
>>>
>>Will I live to see that ?!
>>
>Not directly.
>However, they will reconstruct your brainwaves
>by observing correlations among cosmic neutrinos
>and you will be resurrected in a perfect body.

This has possibilities, though I wonder whether the "s" in "cosmic" is a
mispeeling.  This could revolutionize our notions of sexual
reproductions with the future of the species transferred from the bawdy
shop to the body shop,  "Beam me up, Scotty," will have a whole new
dimension.  As one's brain power grows, then, like a hermit crab, a new
and better brain case will be needed to accomodate that increased
capacity.  What wonders to behold!

Eclecticology