[Wikipedia-l] Is anybody else noticing the timeouts and lags?

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon Oct 28 01:56:52 UTC 2002

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

>The last few days, every so often the wikipedia slows to a crawl and
>won't load the page change properly. I've 'lost' a few edits that way
>because it's timed out.

This was happening quite often during the final days of PediaWiki 2,
and I had to learn the habit of copying all of my text to the clipboard
before pressing save (or preview, if the last change had been substantial).

It's sad that we're reaching this point already again.
(Well, it's happy in some other ways.)

-- Toby