[Wikipedia-l] Is anybody else noticing the timeouts and lags?

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Mon Oct 28 00:31:00 UTC 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:32:40AM +1100, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
>The last few days, every so often the wikipedia slows to a crawl and
>won't load the page change properly. I've 'lost' a few edits that way
>because it's timed out.

I've experienced the same thing.  When is Wikipedia switching from MySQL
to Postgres?

Also, it is frustrating during those times when every link is a "random"
link.  When is Wikipedia switching from MySQL to a real ACID database
(Postgres)?

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2