[Wikipedia-l] 80,000

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sat Oct 26 19:31:53 UTC 2002

Anthere wrote:
>> I don't mind Ram-Man's bot so much, but I'd like to
>> find an equivalent resource for towns *outside* of
>> the U.S.
>>
>> kq
>
>40.000 french postal codes ???

You'll have to explain that to me.  What's a postal code?  Is that the same as a city?  In the U.S. we frequently have a dozen or more postal codes in a single city.  Anyway, if the entries would be more than a paragraph apiece and they seem like information that somebody might reasonably look for, then I don't see what's wrong with including it.

Wikipedia has been growing unevenly since it started; I don't see how we could possibly stop it from growing unevenly now, especially since it's run by volunteers.  I just hope that some day all the basic topics are covered accurately, neutrally, and in depth.  :-)

kq