[Wikipedia-l] 80,000

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sat Oct 26 16:28:58 UTC 2002

Imran wrote:
>To avoid giving a skewed view of the pedia we need some sort of
>classification systems so that the RandomPage function first randomly
>chooses a topic and then returns a random article from that topic.

Actually, RandomPage gives an accurate view of wikipedia: we have far more of Ram-Man's articles than anything else, so they turn up more than anything else.  A year ago we had far more Atlas Shrugged articles than anything else, so *those* would always turn up.  The solution?  Write more articles on other topics.

kq