[Wikipedia-l] Demo front page

Paul Ebermann Paul-Ebermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 22:40:19 UTC 2002

"Magnus Manske" skribis:

> Paul Ebermann wrote:
>
> >Please do not use simply English whenever the first
> >language of the user is not known.
> >Look forward in the list of the user languages,
> >the second one might be available.
> >
> >(In my case, German was at place 2, (eo at one),
> > but I got an English page (English is only at
> > place 3 in my list).)
>
> I a "live" version, you'd have gotten the eo text anyway. There'd be no
> problem to go through the languages like that, but I just didn't bother
> on the test page.

My Esperanto was only an example. Some people may use
an exotic language, for which we don't have a wikipedia
(x-klingon?) at first place and another "popular"
language at second place (f.i. german), for which a
wikipedia exists. Why should those people get an english
page instead of the german one?

I think, the problem (and the solution) is clear now ...

Paul