[Wikipedia-l] Demo front page

Paul Ebermann Paul-Ebermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 21:05:22 UTC 2002

"Magnus Manske" skribis je "wikipedia-l"

> I merged my little script with the fine layout from the other page.
> Please try again
>     http://mitglied.lycos.de/manske/wiki/test.php    (Sorry for the
> banner, I can't help it)

If one don't want to see the ads, simply switch
off JavaScript. (Yes, I also use a lycos-page ...)

> I included the English and German intro, as well as the localized search
> function. The word "Search" and the intro will appear in English for all
> other browser settings, as English is the default for languages that
> don't have an intro text of their own.

Please do not use simply English whenever the first
language of the user is not known.
Look forward in the list of the user languages,
the second one might be available.

(In my case, German was at place 2, (eo at one),
 but I got an English page (English is only at
 place 3 in my list).)

Paul