[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keepdrivingaway good contributors

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 19:54:28 UTC 2002

What about people who are deleting other people's comments on their Talk pages?
Zoe
 koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com wrote:Ed begged: :-)
>Wikipedia is the world's largest wiki, isn't it? When it's 10 times or 100 times the size, with 1,000 to 3,000 logged-in, daily contributors -- how will we manage then? My plea is for some way beyond the personal judgment of an elite, to maintain order, lest a self-perpetuating cabal develop that freezes out the very type of capable and devoted contributor it formed to protect.

>Help me out, here, man.

Well--what's so bad about setting up a page outlining an expected code of conduct? Really that's what we've banned people based on--violation of an expected code of conduct--so let's at least outline what we expect. It's just not fair to ban people based on rules that aren't explicitly and undeniably clear.

I propose e.g. 1) no name-calling; save it for Jerry Springer. 2) don't change other peoples' comments. 3) don't question whether other people are actually people.

kq

[Wikipedia-l]
To manage your subscription to this list, please go here: