[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep drivingaway good contributors

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 19:51:57 UTC 2002

Because that's not what the prolific Wikipedians who live by the rules do.  We can work with people who make changes we disagree with as long as all of us can be civil, but it's the tiny minority who refuses to compromise (either direction) that cause the problems.
Zoe
 Jonathan Walther <krooger at debian.org> wrote:I don't know exactly what you had in mind for increased sysop power Ed,
but I do worry. Where there is a controversial topic, what is to stop
the older users with thousands and thousands of edits to their name (the
"prolific" Wikipedians, quantity over quality) from throwing up their
hands and shouting "VANDALISM!" when a comparitive newbie comes along
and starts making edits that they disagree with?