[Wikipedia-l] New list

Jason Richey jasonr at bomis.com
Fri Oct 25 19:45:42 UTC 2002

As you may or may not know, Wikipedia has been making a move to a new
server for quite some time now.  I have just installed our mailing
list software on the new server, and am in the process of moving the
mailing lists over.

Wikipedia-l was mived over just a couple of minutes ago.  This
shouldn't affect too much, but here is what I expect:

* The posting address will change from wikipedia-l at nupedia.com to
  wikipedia-l at wikipedia.org.  The old address will remain functional.

* Mailing list options can be updated at
  http://www.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l.  This change
  should be reflected in the postings as well.

* The administrative interface has moved to
  http://www.wikipedia.org/mailman/admin/wikipedia-l.  The password
  should be the same (unless you were using the global administrative
  password, which you probably shouldn't have been).  Let me know if
  you see problems here...

* In the coming day, there may be double postings of a few messages.
  Also, digest members may get two separate digests.  One will contain
  the portion of traffic that came to the old list, the other will
  contain the traffic that came to the new list.  I don't know for
  sure if this will be the case, but it seems plausible.

Please let me know if you have any trouble with the new system.  Also,
I will be moving a few other wikipedia specific lists in the coming
hours/days.  If you have a list that you think needs moved, please
feel free to let me know.

--
"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr at bomis.com>