[Wikipedia-l] Demo front page

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Fri Oct 25 19:33:41 UTC 2002

I merged my little script with the fine layout from the other page.
Please try again
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/manske/wiki/test.php    (Sorry for the
banner, I can't help it)

I included the English and German intro, as well as the localized search
function. The word "Search" and the intro will appear in English for all
other browser settings, as English is the default for languages that
don't have an intro text of their own.

Known problems:
* Neutral or localized logo is needed
* Maybe an unobstrusive link in or close to the intro to the English
wikipedia, as an anchor for anyone who is stuck on a foreign PC ("This
page in English")
* Works only for Phase III wikipedias (.org)

Magnus