[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep drivingaway

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Fri Oct 25 18:34:03 UTC 2002

LMS wrote:
>This is a bit off the topic, but it came up and I can't let it pass.  KQ
>said recently that Cunctator is the project's *conscience*.  Perhaps KQ
>was just trying to be nice, but I think that is actually unfair to the
>rest of us, who like to think we have a principled approach to the
project
>as well.  It also accords Cunc respect as somehow *the* representative of
>a *particularly* moral point of view, to whom the rest of us ought to pay
>special heed--I disagree with that and I enjoin you not to accord *any*
>one person such special respect.  (I'm not sure KQ meant to imply all
this
>by "conscience of the project," and I also doubt, in his reasonableness
>and modesty, that Cunc would reject the description when cashed out as I
>have done, but I just want this to be clear.)

eh, well, no I didn't mean all that, though I guess it was all implied
by my sloppy writing.  :-)  All I meant was that Cunc, of all of us,
seems most concerned with abuses of authority.  I wouldn't like to
appoint anyone an 'authority' on anything, and certainly I like to
think of people as generally principled.

kq