[Wikipedia-l] 80,000

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Fri Oct 25 17:41:49 UTC 2002

On 10/25/02 1:22 PM, "Gareth Owen" <wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> tarquin <tarquin at planetunreal.com> writes:
>
>> It's not that I don't care about one-horse US towns (well, okay, I don't)
>
> Would it be possible to move the fantastic-waste-of-space that is Ram-Man's
> latest datadump to gazetteer.wikipedia.com, or somesuch, so they don't clutter
> up the *worthwhile* *encyclopedic* entries?

How do they clutter the "worthwhile" entries? Wikipedia is not paper.

If the problem is with the "Random page" function, then perhaps some
tweaking there would be reasonable, as long as it's noted somewhere that
"random page" isn't exactly random.

And though I'm not a huge fan of the entries, they are well done.