[Wikipedia-l] [Intlwiki-l] www.wikipedia.org design

Paul Ebermann Paul-Ebermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 16:43:46 UTC 2002

"Stephen Gilbert" skribis:

> Also on the record: I am firmly against a static
> "portal" page at www.wikipedia.org. I think it's a
> very bad idea.

[...]
> It simply means I'm against the static front page
> idea.  I don't think it solves any fundamental
> problems, but that's not the point; even if it was
> *only* a symbolic gesture of goodwill I would support
> it. However, I believe it would be harmful to the
> project as a whole, not just the English language part
> of the project.
>
> I, along with others, have stated my reasons, and I'll
> state them again if requested. I (again, with others)
> have proposed an alternate solution that I believe
> would extend the same goodwill, be more functional,
> and avoid the pitfalls of a static front page of
> links. I will state this again too upon request.

Yes, please repeat your solution.
I just looked over all your posts at intlwiki-l
(since 17.9.2002 - 34 messages) and didn't find
anything on this topic.

In what way is the actual page at http://www.wikipedia.org
not a "static page full of links"?
(In this case only links into the english wikipedia
 and to the front pages of the other 'pedias.)

Paul