[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep drivingaway good contributors

Stephen Gilbert canuck_in_korea2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 17:04:22 UTC 2002

--- Larry Sanger <lsanger at nupedia.com> wrote:
> (2) I don't read MeatballWiki and I don't think they
> define Wikipedia's
> values for Wikipedia.  We define our own values.  I
> don't know if that's
> what "avoiding CommunityExile" means, and I don't
> care.

No one on MeatballWiki tries to define the values of a
community. It is, however, a group of people who
analyze, discuss and build online communities. Many of
them are experts in this area. Learning from what
others have done (and not done) is not the same as
looking to others to define Wikipedia.

There's a rich history from older wiki communities and
projects that we can, and should, draw upon, just as
we draw upon existing sources for encyclopedia
articles.

Stephen G.