[Wikipedia-l] on a lighter note: lists

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Oct 25 16:47:11 UTC 2002

I didn't agree to this. It depends on what the reader is looking for.

Chrono order (earliest first) -- when you care about the complete list, from first to last
* List of US presidents - Washington, Adams, Jefferon, ...
* Lists of states that joined the union
* Nobel prizes

Reverse chrono (latest first) -- when you care about the last few more than the first
* Academy Award (Oscar) winners
* Emmy Awards
* Sports champions -- World Series (baseball), World Cup (soccer), Stanley Cup (hockey)

Some awards like Pulitzer Prizes could go either way. Nobel Peace Prize, which is politically motivated and topical, could also go either way.

Ed Poor