[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep driving away good contributors

Stephen Gilbert canuck_in_korea2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 03:29:22 UTC 2002

I fight to keep things open, not to tolerate
anti-social behaviour, but to keep Wikipedia from
becoming the online equivalent of a police state. I
believe that soft security is the best way to run a
wiki community, and that too much hard security will
eventaully kill us.

If we lock down Wikipedia too tighly, we'll lose
*most* of our great contributors.

Stephen G.