[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep driving

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Fri Oct 25 02:20:27 UTC 2002

The Cunctator wrote:
>Especially "no name-calling". What's name-calling? How about just extreme
>sarcasm? And what is vandalism?

Eh, well, vandalism seems self-explanatory: deleting articles (not non-articles, but *articles*) entirely, replacing them with profanity, splattering the goatse picture about....

"No name-calling" just seemed to me a basic to productive discussion.  e.g. don't call people fascist or racist, regardless of whether you think it's true, because it's really not going to help prove a point one way or another and certainly won't convince the other person that s/he is wrong.  Anyway, that was the idea.  Possibly not the right idea, but that's what I was thinking of.  And I don't think we should argue that free speech shouldn't be limited at wikipedia--at least not with a straight face--because 24 was banned for suggesting that LMS was not a person and would deserve anything anyone wanted to do to him.

kq