[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep drivingaway good contributors

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Oct 24 22:27:59 UTC 2002

Mark,

Are you saying that rather than (A) banning jerks, we should rather (B) simply revert their "work" and drive on without them?

If so, this sort of combines what Jimbo had said before about just letting them have their way for a day -- with the anarchists ideal of "not exercising power".

But do you think edit wars won't mushroom out of control? Should I go back, say, 15 edits ago (to yesterday's "clean" version) and edit that? I can't figure out whether that's bending over to accommodate anti-social behavior -- or that's anti-social in itself.

Ed Poor