[Wikipedia-l] Re: Admin privileges

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 19:33:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 12:01 pm, wikipedia-l-request at nupedia.com wrote:
> So I think I will have to do so. I always resisted becoming an
> admin since admin privileges are always combined with admin duties,
> but since maveric is not the first to complain that I always list
> even the most stupid pages on [[Wikipedia:Votes for deletion]]
> instead of deleting them myself, I think I should take this burden.
>
> I promise not to delete any page that has similarities with an=20
> article without prior discussion on the above page.
>
> Best regards,
>
> JeLuF

Speaking of which, what is the status of making a user rights promotion
interface available to Admins again? I remember somebody else asking for
Admin privileges before and I don't think anybody followed-up on it.
Wikipedia is growing so fast that we need more people like JeLuF to be Admins
and there currently is a bottleneck at the developer/Jimbo level.

IMO somebody should be able to simply ask the list for Admin privileges and
then if a current Admin agrees then that Admin should be able to go ahead and
do the promotion so long as nobody else disagrees.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)