[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l digest, Vol 1 #776 - 1 msg

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Tue Oct 22 21:44:36 UTC 2002

>> > Is anyone else getting the error, "Could not select
>> > database wikidb"? I've
>> > been getting this on a number of different pages
>> > since last night, and it
>> > has since spread. I can't even access the main page
>> > now. What's going on?

>> It has been going on and off the whole day on several
>> wikis. See on meta
>> http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bug_reports

>Agreed.  This problem has been happening for the last 16 hours at
least.  I
>have been unable to make any contributions as a result.

We don't have a fix yet, but here's an ugly workaround and
a possible clue to the cause: I too was getting the error at
work using I.E., but not using Lynx, and not from home using
Galeon.  I cleared I.E.'s browser cache, and now I.E. is
working too (though I had to log in again because I deleted
the cookie as well).