[Wikipedia-l] Less than an outright ban

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Oct 22 21:36:24 UTC 2002

We want to keep good people like Zoe, dave (dograt), et al. BUT we don't want to overdo this banning thing.

Maybe we should revive the idea of a partial ban:
* Contributor blocked from editing articles -- stops the edit war
* But can still edit talk pages -- which keeps dialogue open

To maintain impartiality, I propose that parties to the conflict get at least one other contributor, who is not involved in the conflict, to agree. In other words, if I'm fighting with Jacob about "Palestinian Territories", I should not block him -- but Lee (if he agreed Jacob was being anti-Wikipedian) could step in and block him.

What do people think about a Selective Block? How would things have been different if we had done this with any of the following?
* 24
* Helga (H. Jonat)
* DW
* Lir