[Wikipedia-l] Lir and Christopher Columbus

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Tue Oct 22 17:23:32 UTC 2002

>>Banning, even for an hour, should be reserved for pure vandalism.
>>Disagreements about content seldom rise to that level.
>
>I think that Jimbo has the right idea here.

Yes.  Where's the fire, anyway?  It's not like the final version of any article is due tomorrow.

Maybe I'm emphatically naive, but I think Lir can still be a valuable contributor.  I believe that so much that I've unblocked Lir--or tried to, anyway.  There are two entries about Lir at http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Ipblocklist&action=success&ip=129.186.80.133, and only one of them disappeared.  Anyway, I'd rather be wrong about something generous than right about something cynical.

kq