[Wikipedia-l] Lir and Christopher Columbus

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Tue Oct 22 04:28:38 UTC 2002

>Lir is now at work on the VANDALISM IN PROGRESS page, deleting any
>references to herself, while accusing all other editors of the
>Christopher Columbus page of being vandals.
>
>But far be it from me to suggest that anything be done about it!  I've
>learned my lesson.

That's enough for me.   Anyone who consistently refuses any
rational discussion of his or her actions, disrupts the good
work we're doing here, and personally abuses those who are
doing it despite all efforts at compromise is simply more
trouble than he or she is worth.  Being "well-meaning" is no
excuse (and I'm sure of that anyway).  The /result/ of her
actions is no different from an ordinary vandal: more work
for those of us who actually want this project to succeed.

I have blocked both her IP and her user name.  If Jimbo thinks
I am too rash in this, he is of course welcome to unblock them.
It's his project, and I'll respect that.  But in my opinion the
project is simply better of without Lir, and I see no reason to
keep making excuses for reprehensible behavior.