[Wikipedia-l] Mispeelings

Derek Ross derekross at fisheracre.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 19:41:40 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com>
To: <wikipedia-l at nupedia.com>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 4:27 PM
Subject: RE: [Wikipedia-l] Mispeelings

> Thanks for making the maintenance page for misspellings. It took me about
15 minutes to change "althought" to "although" in 22 articles. I took a
detour for "Tia and Tamara Mowry" and the "Olsen Twins", which slowed me
down. But once I hit my stride, I could fix 2 or 3 articles per minute.

I'm not quite that quick.  I've noticed that when you get one misspelling in
an article, it's a good indicator that there are other problems with
spelling or grammar and it takes a while for me to check through a big
article.  But I too think that the spelling page is a great tool.  Much
faster than picking a random page and reading it.

Cheers

Derek