[Wikipedia-l] map namespace?

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Mon Oct 21 18:56:37 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER wrote:

> Labeled how? In what language? With what borders? Showing how much
> detail? Political? Topographic?

The language would be the one of the wikipedia used, as far as the map
service aupports that, or English.
Level of detail probably depends on the map service.
Political and topographic could be an option, with the default on both.

I think these can be solved one way or another. More important questions
would be:
Is there a map service we could use? One that releases the generated
maps in the PD, or for educational purposes? Shouldn't there be one? :-)

If you think it's ("it is"?) a stupid idea, just say so ;-)

On a sidenote, a question on the German list reminded me: What ever
happened to that "wiki code unification" (or whatever it was called),
where external links were like
    [[http://www.google.com|google]]
??

Magnus