[Wikipedia-l] Lir and Christopher Columbus

Edgar Enyedy enyedy at ya.com
Sun Oct 20 16:34:22 UTC 2002

Larry Sanger wrote:

>On the other hand, I do not think we should ban people who appear to be
>making a good faith effort to contribute, unless we have gone through a
>long public process and ensured that the bar is set very high.
Agreed. Lir isn't a vandal, that's a commonsensical issue.
I may support Lir's POV, nevertheless I public and widely recognize the fact
that Lir's statements are not ruled by the NPOV. I'd strongly encourage Lir
to set apart alternative theories just because misinformation within the
'pedias pages are harmful to the project itself.
We've set up an "Essays Chapter" in EL. Authors are usually smart enough to
tell apart when they are biased on a topic and link the NPOV article to the
Essay, and usually both of them, the article and the Essay are written by
the same contributor.
And I've found that contributors that are biased on a topic, are usually the
ones who own the best knowledge on that topic.

Cheers

Edgar Enyedy
Enciclopedia Libre (Sevilla - España)