[Wikipedia-l] Lir and Christopher Columbus

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Sun Oct 20 15:55:50 UTC 2002

Larry, weigh in directly against me; I'm the first who wondered aloud
whether a one-hour ban might help.  I will only point out that it is the
first time I have ever proposed a ban, and I don't think a single
occurance should be called a "habit."

Did you follow the battle with Lir through all the various talk pages?
On the VANDALISM IN PROGRESS page, Lir accused Zoe of "defacing the
Columbus page, probably due to some form of inherent racism against
Africans and Amerindians."  Lir has no comprehension of NPOV, utterly
refuses to compromise, rejects even proposals that I consider absurdly
accomodating, and insists on entirely unsubstantiated historical
revisionism.

--
 Sean Barrett
 sean at epoptic.com