[Wikipedia-l] misspellings: fulfilment

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Oct 20 13:37:33 UTC 2002

Alexander Stephen Bradbury wrote:

> Hello, I like the misspelling page on maintenance generally, but
> 'fulfilment' is listed as a misspelling. This is just the British spelling
> of the word, I personally don't think that words like this should be
> listed as misspellings, especially as wikipedia is not supposed to have an
> official policy on US\British spelling. I'm not sure if there are other
> British spellings that the page picks out, but there may be. Any opinions
> on this? Can it be removed?

According to the Australian oxford dictionary that's the way it's
supposed to be spelt here too. I had to look it up because it didn't
LOOK wrong to me, but since I'm dyslexic I'm not a great judge. The
misspelling search is a great function to have - it certainly beats
typing them into the search box one at a time... but is there a way to
have the CORRECT spelling for the word appear next to the typoed
version? I'm quite capable of telling when a word's wrong, but not
always able to tell you the right version off the top of my head. I know
that'd be a lot more fiddling, but it would make sure that people (like
me) corrected to the right spelling and not to another mistake.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

To err is human... to really foul things up add kitten and stir.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: