[Wikipedia-l] How would you deal with this problem?

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sat Oct 19 20:01:18 UTC 2002

>> Larry wrote:
>Point very well taken, KQ.  I know that your approach almost always works
>wonders.  Diplomacy is usually a good thing, and I see that I haven't been
>at all diplomatic in this case.

We've all had our lapses.  I've especially had a few I'm not proud of.  Things aren't how they were even a year and a half ago--there were only about 20 of us around as late as March 2001; we knew each other; it was obvious we all were trying to help; it was easier to reach decisions.  IIRC, and maybe I don't, people were more generous.

With so many people around now, it's not hard to imagine wikipedia fracturing off into subgroups who favor certain topics--just because it's easier to deal with things.  You can see some of this around certain wikiprojects.  There are enough changes each day now that it's neither practical nor especially desirable to follow each change.

I think diplomacy is going to become increasingly important as we go on--we've developed from a one-horse town to a small city, and eventually we'll be a metropolis.

Best,

kq