[Wikipedia-l] Mispeelings

Derek Ross derekross at fisheracre.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 23:47:37 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com>
To: <wikipedia-l at nupedia.com>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 7:00 PM
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Mispeelings

> I found and corrected 19 separate instances of "seperate" in the Wikipedia
today.

> All of these are currently in Wikipedia articles. I could use a little
help.

> headquaters - 6
> offical - 5
> decendents - 4
> thrid - 3
> assasination - 2
> possibilty - 2
> pursuade - 2
> seperating - 2
> soliders - 2
> assitant - 1
> beacuse - 1
> constuction - 1
> disolved - 1
> embarassing - 1
> grafitti - 1
> increadible - 1
> relized - 1
> seperated - 1

Welcome to the Wikipedia Gardening club, Ed.  We may not be as sexy as the
Militia but there's always plenty weeding to keep us busy!

I must admit that I haven't checked out "separate" for a while but there are
always plenty of similar "weeds" to find.  "suprising" and "comittee" to
name but two.  I like Magnus's idea for Yet Another Special Page working off
Wikipedia:Typos though.  Automated finding isn't the complete answer but it
would be a very useful tool.

Cheers

Derek