[Wikipedia-l] Re: Call for a vote (was: Moving the wikis)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 00:10:07 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 09:31 am Jimmy Wales  wrote:
> Yeah, it's too soon for me, too.  And voting bugs me too.
>
> Maybe we should just relax about this and revisit it a couple of
> months from now, while everyone chews over the consequences?

Since the issue of es.wiki/EL reunification was preemptively decided for us by
EL there is no longer any real urgency to do this sooner rather than later.

I still vote that all the languages should have their URLs in the same syntax
and we should have a 'gateway page' for the whole project at
www.wikipedia.org but this can wait until the next major change to the
software or we set-up the non-profit (whichever comes first).

> It doesn't seem like a clean consensus is developing yet .

It's just getting bogged-down in details.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)