[Wikipedia-l] Re: DW again

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 04:46:14 UTC 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 06:16 pm, wikipedia-l-request at nupedia.com wrote:
> Given the fact this is not the first time he ignores rules and insults
> others (the examples of JHK and Montréalais were posted earlier), I
> _strongly_ feel that he should be banned for 24 hours, or at least be
> summoned to discuss things at the mailinglist here. As I said before, he
> made valuable contributions to Wikipedia, but that doesn't make it
> allright to ignore all rules and insult other, good-willing, Wikipedians.
>
> Jeronimo

I say a 24 hour block would be a good place to start. Jimbo doesn't seem to be
monitoring the list right now so he is probably the bottleneck. So I don't
know if he would support even a temporary block at this point.

If this were a voting situation then I vote for the 24 hour block. But I'm not
sure if this is such a situation. We did form a new policy to more strictly
enforce our etiquette policy, no? Does this mean an individual Admin can
decide, needs to have confirmation by one other, two others, the whole list,
Jimbo, what?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)